Tried to get more loose on the brush strokes and use mute paint. I think I should have put the mushrooms more to the right as below.
The background of this one was a bunch of trees in a window which made for lots of complicated shapes on the bottles . I first tried to paint them unsuccessfully but then realized I should instead try to paint the essence of the bottles instead a reality.
I kind of like the underpainting better as it’s more stark. I have to remember to leave more light in trees… and practice them before putting them in a painting.
Was trying to contrast warm and cool colors and put the little monk in the sunlight… Perhaps later I’ll repaint him a bit lighter, perhaps ivory.
Had a cold when worked on this one. Was practicing fabric shading and first attempt at skin. 5×7
I’m happier with this one for both composition and getting the color of the coffee pot right. Figured out that “silver” isn’t gray but shades of brown.
Mostly a quick study on seeing overlapping items. Put in a violet background for contrast.
I ended up removing a fifth item on the left to get better balance and had to guess what would be behind the glass ball.
I like the front door as it’s simple. I should try this one again buy more loose and abstract. 8×10.
Well… I’ve learned that bad composition and fabric layout can’t be fixed layer. Also, a “silver” put isn’t grey… But a light brown.